Saturday, November 3, 2007

More Roses !










Another piece I loved painting!

* The silk the bowl is sitting on seems to be billowing out - but in reality was sitting nearly flat! You can see another side of this bowl in the mirror behind it.

Someone came today (3.11.07) to the opening of an exhibition which was combining with an embroidery group, and as soon as they saw the bowl they fell in love with it and purchased it.

* I painted the above lidded bowl for an exhibition in Wanganui, New Zealand in 2006 and as you can see from the photograph it was sold. I do hope it rests in a nice place in a nice home. In a way I was sad to see it go.

There is always a lot of "me" in a piece so when it is sold it is a little like giving part of myself away.

You can't really see from this picture, but the design follows right around the bowl with the pen work matching bowl and lid.

Watch my blog ....... more rose pieces to come!