Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Heart Series!

THE HEART SERIES!
 
Directly below are  pieces I painted for the exhibition in Adelaide, but certain things didn't go quite right with the first plate, so I painted another.     Only "perfect" would do for an exhibition!  
 
And so I painted and finished a second piece to find a defect in the porcelain on the last fire.   So that wasn't up to exhibition standard either!  :-(
 
I had one more heart shaped piece of porcelain in my stash, so I began VERY carefully to paint it.
Of course painting free hand, each piece results in a slightly different design.
To my horror, after the final fire I found a tiny hair line crack in the glaze and so that was once more put to one side knowing it couldn't be exhibited in an exhibition.
 
And so was born "The Heart Series".   (You will need to click on the plate to enlarge it.)
 
Which will hang together on a wall in our new apartment!